St John's University, New York
This centre - new for 2012 - is based on the 105-acre campus of St John's University, a leading private university in the New York suburb of Queens. This safe and friendly environment provides the ideal opportunity for students to explore the rest of the city, which is easily accessible by public transport.
New York is one of the most exciting cities in the world, boasting an almost never-ending list of attractions and places to visit.
The Stafford House Study Holidays programme at St John's University includes daily excursions (one full-day and five half-days) to top attractions accross New York, as well as evening visits to local attractions in and around Queens.
St John's offer suite-style accommodation, comprising of four twin bedrooms with two shared bathrooms, a lounge area and kitchenette. All accommodation is located on the campus with 24/7 desk security. All suites are air conditioned and WiFi access is available in certain communal areas. Free laundry facilities are available.Download course details as a PDF
- Age: 12 - 17
- 2 -6 weeks duration
- Large, green and spacious centre, located in the New York suburb of Queens.
- Safe and secure campus environment.
- Easy access to Manhattan by bus and train - shuttle bus and entrances included.
- High quality accommodation and all-you-can-eat dining. Excellent on-site facilities, including a shop, Starbucks Café and cinema.
- Large sports hall and sports fields.
- Air conditioned, modern classrooms.
- WiFi available in locations throughout campus.
Excursions and activities
One full-day and five half-day excursions per week to exciting attractions in New York, such as the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Times Square, MoMA, Fifth Avenue and Macy's.Sports facilities
The campus boasts many green and open spaces that can be used for sports and activities, as well as a large sports hall.