Find a Holiday
Welcome to Felsted - A Picturesque Countryside Location
Felsted is situated in the heart of Dick Turpin Country, and close to the edge of Constable Country, in the centre of a picturesque North Essex village amid glorious open farmland.Felsted is close to the important towns of Chelmsford and Cambridge and within easy reach of London. The journey to London takes just 1 hour by road. Stansted Airport, London's third airport, is only 15 kilometres away from the school.
Founded in 1564 by Lord Riche, a Lord Chancellor of England, Felsted School is a co-educational boarding and day school for 400 pupils. The school has a fine tradition and reputation for academic and sporting excellence and numbers Oliver Cromwell's son among its past pupils.
Virtual Tour of Felsted School
The buildings of the School show the growth of the institution from its Tudor origins, through to the 19th century, when the School expanded greatly and School House was established. Recent development has been far-reaching with the construction of modern classroom blocks, a new dining hall and sports facilities.
Felsted School boasts magnificent indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor facilities include a swimming pool and a large sports hall. Outdoors, there are numerous tennis courts and extensive playing fields.
Students are accommodated in recently modernised rooms in small boarding houses located around the campus. Each boarding house has its own common room with television and small kitchen. The bedrooms are mainly single rooms, but there are some small dormitories. There are ample toilet, shower and bath facilities, and a laundry service is provided five days a week.
- 2 -4 weeks duration
- Age: 10-17 years (Classic: groups), 12-17 years (Classic: individuals)
- Residential accommodation.
- A full programme of social and leisure activities is arranged, including discos, quiz nights and talent contests.
- Exceptionally beautiful campus
- Near to London and Cambridge
- Excellent sports facilities
- The weekly programme includes one full-day excursion and two half-day excursions.
- Sample destinations for the full-day excursions are Brighton, Canterbury and London.
- Half-day excursions may include Cambridge, Thurrock Lakeside Shopping Centre, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Colchester or Southend-on-Sea.
- Optional excursions, such as Oxford, Windsor Castle, Cambridge or a theatre trip to London are offered.